What's in it for you? A connection, some challenges, a few questions to
encourage you to simply reflect about how you currently live your life versus how you want
to live your life. Feel free to share your thoughts with me; I'd love to hear from
you. This is an invitation to focus on where you'd like to change and grow.
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. PERSONAL LIFE COACHING:
Pressure is on - Be Happy
2. FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND THOUGHTS ON FOOD OR WEIGHT:
The gift of Greek Yoghurt and
Want to change your life?
3. THOUGHTS FROM MY SWING:
Playing it safe: being at the back of the room
1: Pressure is on: Be happy!
With the holidays upon us there's one simple rule. Be Happy. The pressure is on! You might have to pretend that all is well, maybe qualifying for an Oscar for the year's greatest actor, but the smile must persist and the demeanour must match.
After reading several sources through the years, each providing their unique recipes for happiness, I haven't the end-all answer. That said, here are a few suggestions.
- The smile is a good place to start, simply because it's hard to be miserable while maintaining the smile on your face.
- Live in the moment. If you aren't focused on past deeds and future challenges, it's so much easier to be happy doing what you're doing.
- Constantly reminding yourself of the half-full versus the half-empty aspects of your life can lift your spirits time and again. A gratitude journal is invaluable.
- Take time to be at least a little bit good to yourself.
No, there's nothing new or brilliant here but in the rush and the pressure of the season, a wee reminder might make starting that smile a bit easier.
May I help? How about a complimentary 30 minutes on the telephone to get you going?
firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-225-3535
2: Part a). What's so great about Greek Yoghurt? It's all the rage!!!!!
So, here's what's so great about Greek Yoghurt:
What's not so great about Greek yoghurt?
- high protein (more than twice that of regular yoghurt)
- thicker and creamier than regular
- lower in carbohydrates
- lower in sodium
- no sweeteners, food colours or artificial flavours
- virtually chemical free
- low in calories if you buy the fat free variety (just 110 calories for 3/4 c.)
Part b). Want to change your life?
- high in fat and calories if you buy the regular variety so read the label please and watch portion size.....ALWAYS!
- lower in bone-building calcium
- sometimes hard to find
- Some people find the slightly sour taste difficult.
Here's how I like it.....put a glob (~3/4 c.) in a bowl. drizzle that glob with a tablespoon or so of honey, smother with fresh cut fruit (love bananas and berries), then sprinkle on some cinnamon and enjoy!
If you are 10-30 lbs overweight you may be experiencing some of the following:
When you've lost that weight, you could actually experience some of the following:
- sagging energy
- often tired
- hate looking in the mirror
- ashamed of your body
- unenthusiastic about the opportunities surrounding you
- worried about your health and longevity
Maybe it's time to look after yourself and explore The 12 week Weight Loss Group Teleclass.
- feeling fantastic
- loving what you see in the mirror
- finding so much more energy
- boosting your confidence
- staying healthy
- living longer
Want more info? Visit http://wisecoaching.ca/WL_teleGroup.htm or arrange a complimentary half hour or simply call or email your questions
416-225-3535 or email@example.com
3: Playing it safe: being at the back of the room
Here's what I recognized in my NIA (dance exercise) class last week. In all of my exercise classes I consciously choose to hang out in the back of the room. I always participate but I don't always play my best game. No-one can watch me there. If I slack off - maybe tired, or lacking in energy - I'm the only one who knows. Does it ever feel safe! Occasionally, one of the teachers fools us and switches the routine midway so that the back of the room actually becomes the front of the room. And with all eyes on me (not really but it does feel that way) I participate more fully, giving it my 100% focus and energy.
And this realization got me thinking. Does anyone else actually care how I participate? Of course not! And where else in my life does this same scenario play out? This is definitely food for my thought as I approach a new year. Perhaps I need to re-explore the benefits and hazards of "safe". How about you? Can you identify an environment in which you aren't giving your all and you'd like to be? Starting with one little area can give you a boost! It can help your confidence and can inspire you to create other areas for change. Thoughts?
That said, I wish you a wonderful holiday season and a year of personal growth and success! And HAPPY 2011!
Wishing you what you wish for yourself.
*It will be my pleasure to treat you to a gift certificate for each referral who
becomes a client!
Wise Coaching | 37 Rockland Dr. | Toronto | Ontario | M2M 2Y8 |
To arrange for a complimentary coaching consultation,
an interactive coaching workshop,
or a speaker for a meeting or a conference,
or to participate in a 12 Week Weight Loss Group Teleclass,
contact Lynda Wise at Wise Coaching
416-225-3535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All individual and group Coaching is done by telephone.
Workshops and speaking engagements are done in person.
If you wish to share this e zine please forward it - my pleasure.
If you are
not on this subscription list and wish to subscribe,
please email email@example.com with
"subscribe" in the subject line.