What's in it for you? A connection, some challenges, a few questions to
encourage you to simply reflect about how you live your life versus how you want
to live your life. Feel free to share the answers with me: I'd love to hear from
you. This is an invitation to focus on where you'd like to change and grow.
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. PERSONAL LIFE COACHING:
2. IF YOU DON'T LOOK AFTER YOURSELF WHO WILL?
3. FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND THOUGHTS ON FOOD
A Definite Winner
4. THOUGHTS FROM MY SWING:
Broken Record? Walking my talk
1: Let's Celebrate
Here you are. Post Holidays. And likely breathing a sigh of relief.
And here I am suggesting it's time to celebrate!
The holidays offer exceptional opportunities to reconnect and yes, party. But with all of the hoohaa there's sometimes an intimacy factor missing. With so many folks around it can be so difficult to have real conversations. So now is the time to reflect. Who did you not get enough of? Frequently there are people in our lives that come and go all too quickly. They make us feel more alive or more introspective or just plain good! Why not call one of them and explain how even a small dose of them is special. If geography allows, maybe arrange an hour over coffee; if not, then, a telephone catch up can do the trick. And yes, I'd call that a celebration. Celebrating the small stuff can really give life a boost.
Who comes to your mind? Worth a call?
2: Taking Care
Most of us are so busy filling the needs of those around us we tend to forget that unless our own needs are filled, our capacity for serving others will soon dwindle.
Here's a very simple inventory for you. Grab a piece of paper. Write the numbers from 1 to 12. Answer every question with yes or no.
The scoring system is below in section 4.
If you'd like some help to design '09 let's do a complimentary blast-off session. To make arrangements please call 416-225-3535 or email email@example.com
- Are you sleeping between 7 and 8 ½ hours most nights?
- Are you fastening your seatbelt every time you get into a car?
- Are you exercising 3 hours/week or more in most weeks?
- Are you usually eating 5 or more servings of fruit and veggies/day?
- Do you eat breakfast every day?
- Do you participate in social activities weekly?
- Do you spend at least 15 minutes almost every day doing what YOU want to do?
- Do you ask for help on a regular basis?
- Do you have and use an arsenal of stress-reducing techniques when stress hits hard?
- Do you let go of grudges fairly quickly or bear no grudges?
- Do you find something to laugh at daily?
- Do you usually read this ezine?
The next 12 WEEK WEIGHT LOSS TELECLASS – will begin in March or April. Please let me know if you're thinking about it or cannot wait!
firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a free 30 minute pre-session to learn more. Or visit http://wisecoaching.ca/WL_teleGroup.htm
3: A Definite Winner
My fabulous, favourite, flexible salad recipe:
Here's to your health and enjoyment of the better things in life. This salad is custom made for you and by you!
The dressing (here's the fabulous part)...
- Baby spinach leaves in enormous quantity if you like
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of the following: pistachio nuts or chopped other nuts, dried cranberries or chopped apricots, avocado, fresh berries or other fruit, wasabi peas, feta or goat cheese, or...
- Protein if it's a main course: leftover chicken or turkey, shrimps, etc
Squeeze some fresh limes into a measuring cup. Add an equal amount of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. Transfer to a storage container since it lasts for weeks. Shake and add 1 tablespoon to your salad. You don't need a lot since it's bursting with flavour.
And I'd love to know what you think!
4: Broken Record? Better walk my talk.
My message to you is clear... Look after yourself. So I'm listening to my own message and leaving my options open. Here's what I'm doing for me. I'm really, REALLY fortunate to be taking a big trip and will return mid-Feb. - around the time to write the February newsletter. Given the natural sequence one generally returns home to (family and friends' catch up, emails, phone messages, bills, mail, etc.) I just may not find time to write. So please know that I'll feel just a bit guilty, will actually be thinking about you and will definitely return in March.
Inventory Scoring: Give yourself a point for each "yes" you answered.
10-12? Take the night off - there are some great movies playing! 7-9? Take a look at the nos - where your self-care can improve. Time to make a promise or two to yourself! 1-6? Email NOW to create a time for a complimentary coaching call. email@example.com. We have serious talking to do!
Meanwhile, take very good care!
Wishing you what you wish for yourself,
It will be my pleasure to treat you to a gift certificate for each referral who
becomes a client!
Wise Coaching | 37 Rockland Dr. | Toronto | Ontario | M2M 2Y8 |
To arrange for a complimentary coaching consultation,
an interactive coaching workshop,
or a speaker for a meeting or a conference,
contact Lynda Wise at Wise Coaching
416-225-3535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All individual and group Coaching is done by telephone.
Workshops and speaking engagements are done in person.
If you wish to share this ezine please forward it - my pleasure.
If you are
not on this subscription list and wish to subscribe,
please email email@example.com with
"subscribe" in the subject line.