What's in it for you? A connection, some challenges, a few questions to
encourage you to simply reflect about how you currently live your life versus how you want
to live your life. Feel free to share your thoughts with me; I'd love to hear from
you. This is an invitation to focus on where you'd like to change and grow.
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. PERSONAL LIFE COACHING:
De-stressing? Definitely your choice. Part 2
2. FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND THOUGHTS ON FOOD OR WEIGHT:
Why not now?
3. THOUGHTS FROM MY SWING:
The gift that keeps on giving
1: De-stressing? Your choice Part 2
In April, I wrote about the stress caused when we have to work with stupid people! (http://wisecoaching.ca/newsletters/ezine_Apr_2011.htm). In May, I offered you some de-stressing techniques that will even work in the office (http://wisecoaching.ca/newsletters/ezine_May_2011.htm) and promised some suggestions in June for de-stressing outside the work place. I don't believe that any of these ideas are brand new, but sometimes even a refresher can help!!
Please, please, please - email me your own favourite stress-busters! You may have figured out a treasure that others could benefit from tremendously!
- Face the music. Identify the feelings within you that indicate tension and stress. Look for an understanding about why this is affecting you in the manner that it is at the moment. Apply some of the suggestions below.
- First choice - go for a walk - and maybe - do a favour for a spouse, a friend or a neighbour by encouraging them to accompany you.
- Take a bath with a few drops of essential oil, such as lavender, to soothe your soul. 4. Treat your feet - mix together salt and olive oil; rub into your feet for a couple of minutes and then enjoy a warm soak.
- Hide in a quiet place and visualize a gorgeous beach or other vacation spot that sings to you.
- Allow yourself to do something you enjoy, whether it's reading the newspaper, going dancing, taking a class, going to a movie or going out for dinner, and the list goes on........please make up your own "pleasure" list and use it regularly.
- Talk out your issues - to a friend, a spouse, a therapist, a coach - someone who can really listen to you without judgment and without sharing their personal woes.
- Play a game - refocus on something that requires concentration...or do a crossword or sudoku to take a break from the stressful issue for a few minutes - and then, perhaps take on a refreshed perspective.
- Look for the area of your life where things are calm. And if no place comes to mind, then look carefully at your outlook on life - it's too short to stress about everything!!!!
2: Why not now?
Society has over-glorified "skinny". That's sad! "Skinny" is neither healthy nor necessary. Maintaining it can mean a life of huge sacrifices and discomfort.
That said, I don't believe that society has over-vilified obesity or even being 15-50 lbs. overweight.
Losing weight can mean different things to different people but if you're carrying around enough extra pounds to affect your outlook on your life, here's how you can feel and function once you take that weight off:
Coaching can help you beat the challenge with compassion and understanding - while helping you with small steps, setting and reaching goals, addressing the obstacles in your life that are getting in your way and overcoming them, and ultimately re-creating your lifestyle to be lived and enjoyed.
- more Fit
- more Energetic
- more Healthy
- more Attractive
- more Confident
- more Happy
- more Accomplished
- more Proud
- ....and the list goes on
I'd love to give you a taste (no calories) of coaching via a complimentary call.
Please email or call to set it up. And please feel free to share this with anyone you know who is struggling.
It changes lives.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-225-3535
3: The gift that keeps on giving
My swing was a birthday gift from me to me 7 years ago. It sat on the porch of my house, facing my garden and a quiet lush street. I said I would never move unless there was a home for my swing as well. The swing is a very comfy little 2-seater that now takes up half of my wee condo balcony. The big view from my swing is almost the whole of Toronto, with the C.N. Tower smack in the centre. The trees at this time of year are countless and exquisite.
The small view is a single plant on the balcony. It shows promise of 2 beefsteak tomatoes - and maybe even more. I love it. Watching my miniscule garden is the voyage of summer. Eventually eating those tomatoes will be the destination. I can enjoy one facet as much as the other.
When was the last time you bought yourself a special gift? Maybe it's time!!!
Wishing you what you wish for yourself,
*It will be my pleasure to treat you to a gift certificate for each referral who
becomes a client!
Wise Coaching | 37 Rockland Dr. | Toronto | Ontario | M2M 2Y8 |
To arrange for a complimentary coaching consultation,
an interactive coaching workshop,
or a speaker for a meeting or a conference,
contact Lynda Wise at Wise Coaching
416-225-3535 or email@example.com
And please visit : www.wisecoaching.ca
All individual and group Coaching is done by telephone.
Workshops and speaking engagements are done in person.
If you wish to share this ezine please forward it - my pleasure.
If you are not on this subscription list and wish to subscribe,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
"subscribe" in the subject line.